Sometimes you just need a break.

We’ve had a crazy past couple of months.  My poor kids have been neglected (not like CPS neglected but like “we want our mom to play with us again” neglected) and its easy to try to please everyone else first because the kids never get mad at you.  I’ve been crazy busy, my husband’s work schedule has been nuts ( I feel like a single mama this past month, thank you my husband’s company if you even read this. Doubtful. LOL!!) Add some sickness on that and NO BUENO! So anyways, I’ve finally starting to wrap stuff up but still crazy and my kid is hanging on me saying “mama! Mama!  MAMA! I want a snack! Read me this book! Let’s play hide and seek! Wipe my butt! I drew you a picture!” All the parents out there know what I mean! It’s pretty much impossible to get any type of work done at home.

There comes a point when you have to realize and say “screw it! My kids need some attention!” SOOOOOO, Jevin got to go with grandpa on his truck route (my dad is a long haul truck driver) because he is out of school this week.  Jon is away working again, I miss him! (No, this is not an invitation to come murder me, I have dogs, big ones.) But you dont really realize how much someone helps out until they arent here! I’m not the best domestic goddess and one day he came home after a few days and looked around and said “What, did your maid quit?”  HAHAHAHA

Soooooo it’s girls week this week! I wanted to take Daph to do something fun too instead of staring at me working.  LOL Today she had her very first manicure and pedicure.  Thank you Professional Nails for being so good with her!  She felt like such a big girl!

She asked her if she wanted a flower and she said “Flower?  On my TOE?”  HAHA

finished product (and yes, we had smoothies for dinner! Hey dont judge.  LOL)

Now it’s time to go find something healthier for dinner and then have a girls camp out in the living room. When she falls asleep, I can sneak away and get back to work.  Sometimes you just need a quick break!

1. Courtney said . . .

So adorable! She is getting so big, so fast! Took K to KCC by Trader Joes and put you as a referral and they knew Miss D well :)

Posted November 24, 2009 at 12:31 am | Permalink
  2. admin said . . .

Did K have fun? Daph loves that place. I cant wait until we move closer to civilization. LOL :P

Posted November 24, 2009 at 12:35 am | Permalink
  3. Bill Gellerman said . . .

She is adorable Des…wow. I am going to get Reece one of these too. Good call. Thanks for the idea.

Posted November 24, 2009 at 12:40 am | Permalink
  4. Treva said . . .

Very special day for you girls. Here’s to much needed breaks now and then! Cute toes, Daph!

Posted November 24, 2009 at 2:25 am | Permalink
  5. heather said . . .

So sweet!!! Nothing wrong with a smoothie for dinner either (it’s got fruit in it). :) She must be so proud of those little flowers on her fingers and toes. Funny, just this morning Kaylie was asking when we can play nail salon again so she could put her feet in the water bowl.

Posted November 24, 2009 at 2:39 am | Permalink
  6. Kristin Rachelle said . . .

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! LOVE IT! She is so cute!

Posted November 24, 2009 at 2:47 am | Permalink
  7. Alice said . . .

This post made my heart swell - my daughter is almost 2 and I seriously cannot WAIT to do this with her!

Posted November 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Permalink
  8. Kaley said . . .

That is just way too cute. Pedicures are my guilty pleasure.

Posted November 24, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Permalink
  9. Candace Sheets said . . .

What a cutie! Does she know how lucky she is?! I really need a pedicure right now :)

Posted November 24, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Permalink
  10. andrea said . . .

So stinking cute and hey smoothies are healthy, well better than most of the fast food out there!

Posted November 24, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Permalink
  11. Melissa said . . .

Too stinkin’ cute! I just love it, and how special that you treated her to her first pedi/mani AND you have the cute photos to prove it. :)

Posted November 29, 2009 at 3:36 am | Permalink
  12. lisa lucky said . . .

awwww, so glad she got some Mama time:) looks like she had a ball! love the flower toes!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 9:59 am | Permalink
  13. Giovanna said . . .

These are great! How fun that you were able to have some quality time with your little one and document it too with these images!!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 11:20 am | Permalink
  14. Wende Trew said . . .

Those are sooo adorable!! I love her little painted toes!! What fun!! I need to take my girls and do this and get a smoothie!!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 11:30 am | Permalink
  15. Corine Tran said . . .

adorable, glad you got some time with Daph, first mani & pedi! That sounds like fun!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 1:45 pm | Permalink
  16. aubry c said . . .

love it!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Permalink
  17. marie said . . .

she is a doll!!

Posted November 29, 2009 at 5:59 pm | Permalink
  18. Holli Dunn said . . .

What a fun way to spend an afternoon! I’m so glad you took some time to spend with your family!

Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:18 am | Permalink
  19. Amy said . . .

so precious!

Posted December 8, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Permalink
  20. Kimberly said . . .

Too cute Des!!! :)

Posted December 30, 2009 at 10:33 pm | Permalink
  21. Jeanette LeBlanc said . . .

I took my four year old on a mommy/daughter mani-pedi date last year - it was so much fun. Thanks for the reminder, I”ll have to take her again soon.

Posted January 4, 2010 at 4:06 am | Permalink