I win.

The world’s worst mom award that is!  EEK! On Fridays school gets out an hour earlier than the rest of the week.  It was always my worst fear that I would forget and well, today was that day.  I see the school district phone number on my cell phone and instantly bolted out the door.  When I walked into the office he said “you forgot me, mama!”  I lose my car keys, drivers license, debit card….all on a regular basis but this just takes the cake.  Sorry, Jevin!

1. tonia said . . .

dont worry.. i have done that.. well sort of.. When we first moved to the house we are in now, the kids attended the school at the other side of Camano Island.. I didnt want to transfer them to a new school with only a month left. Well .. I was far along pregnant with Te’a and since my father-in-law drove past the school like ten minutes after school was out he made an agreement he would pick the kids up on his way through to save me time, gas, energy etc.. He did this everyday except for Fridays, because he had to ride the later bus instead of the normal one.. so I forgot.. I had a doc apt and then afterwards.. went shopping.. since I figured he would pick them up and just watch them for a while.. I was with my mother-in-law anyways.. and he would call and ask.. well.. being Friday.. he didnt pick them up.. so .. Kevin (Travis didnt have school on Friday since kindergarten was mon, wed, and thurs) was sitting at the school waiting for me to pick him up.. i didnt think anything of it.. since I figured Grampa would get him.. and then at like 5:30 the principal calls me and says that Kevin was still there.. 2 hours after he was supposed to have picked up.. so I call Grampa and he was no where around.. I had to call my kids great-gramma who just lives down the road from the school to pick up Kevin.. poor Kevin was so insulted..but he didnt cry.. he knew I was a space case the whole pregnancy.. So.. dont worry.. it will probably happen more than once.. dont beat yourself up over it..LOL

Posted September 12, 2008 at 10:14 pm | Permalink
  2. jilltan said . . .

I don’t that before — except it was for Alison’s dance class. I felt like such sh*t afterwards! At least it is just a one time thing — my mom had a bad habit of forgetting us…..

Posted September 13, 2008 at 1:34 am | Permalink
  3. heather said . . .

Bummer! I’m pretty sure that will be me sometime this year too. My worst fear is now being stuck in traffic and not getting to school on time. And I’d probably have my cell phone, but wouldn’t be able to call anyone since I don’t have any numbers programmed in. I hope your little one has recovered. Didn’t sound like he was TOO upset.

Posted September 15, 2008 at 11:20 pm | Permalink
  4. Jen Lane said . . .

Aww! I’m sure you are more heartbroken over this than he is. But yes, I’m sure it was a terrible afternoon. Don’t be too hard on yourself. And since I know you are SO not the worlds worst mom, I’ll say don’t forget to be kind to yourself, lol. You are an amazing mama, and your kids know it and love you for it!

Posted September 17, 2008 at 1:53 am | Permalink
  5. Becca said . . .

It happens to all of us at some point or another, and more times out of none you feel worse then they do. Doesnt make you a bad mom, makes you human

Posted September 18, 2008 at 3:07 pm | Permalink
  6. Courtney Miller said . . .

Oh, Desiree…you and I were separated at birth! Eleanor’s been in kindergarten 4 weeks now and the office staff already knows me by name. I’ll still be your friend!

Posted September 22, 2008 at 9:39 pm | Permalink
  7. Amanda Elkins said . . .

OH! I’ve done that too! My poor boy called me and was like “aren’t you forgetting something mom?” LOL

Posted September 27, 2008 at 4:11 pm | Permalink